Here are some examples of freediving activities:
- traditional fishing techniques;
- competitive and non-competitive freediving;
- competitive and non-competitive spearfishing;
- and freediving photography;
- synchronized swimming;
- mermaids swimming;
- underwater football;
- underwater rugby;
- underwater hockey;
- underwater target shooting;
- and of course, snorkeling.
There are also a range of “competitive apnea” disciplines; in which competitors attempt to attain great depths, times, or distances on a single breath.