It is designed to be a freediving beginners course for people who are already confident and happy in the water.
The purpose of the course is to familiarize yourself with the skills, knowledge, planning, organization, safety procedures, techniques, problems, hazards and enjoyment of breath hold freediving.
During this course, you will be introduced to the basic disciplines of freediving:
- Static Apnea
- Dynamic Apnea
- Constant Weight freediving.
- 2 Theory Sessions followed by an exam
- 2 Confined Water Sessions
- 3 Open Water Sessions
Requirements for AIDA2 certification:
At the end of the course you will be able to meet those requirements:
- Static breath-hold: +2:00 minutes
- Vertical dive (constant weight): +16 to 20 depth
- Horizontal dive (dynamic): +40 meters
To enroll in the AIDA 2 Freediver course, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older (16 years with parent or guardian consent);
- Be able to swim at least 200m non stop without fins and at least 300m non stop with mask, fins and snorkel.